DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Web MIS – GIS Developer/ Officer|
|Department:||Programme / Technical Unit|
|Duty station:||Kabul Main Office with regular travelling to provinces,|
|Required number:||One (1)|
|Contract:||Fixed Term till end of December 2017 (Extendable )|
|PS-B1, USD (445) including Government Tax, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 600 staff of whom 5 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|Ensure that all hydro geological field data recorded in database/ excel sheet, will collate and digitalize all available information on Afghanistan ground water into a GIS database, the data will be online|
|Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Ensure Speed, Sensitivity and Correctness of the Database.
· Ensure that all hydro geological field data recorded in database & excel sheet,
· Reviewing hardcopies of field data to ensure quality and reliability. This includes Errors, missing fields, inappropriate answers to questions and required follow-ups etc
· Managing of filing system hard copy and soft copy
· Cross checking of recorded data and Update direct supervisor regarding in/accuracy (QC/QA) of the data
· Conduct regular and routine data quality checks to ensure data are accurately recorded according to the database or excel sheet functionality (QC/QA).
· Ensure recording hydro geological data in database and verifying them with hard copies
· Prepare reports monthly, quarterly or whenever required.
· Ensure take daily backup from database to external hard desk
· Routine trouble-shooting when you are facing with any problem in database or excel sheet
· Update supervisor about functionality and non-functionality database system
· Inform the supervisor to contact with relevant department regarding data issues, when the data are incomplete / wrong and any other problems.
· Able to query data and generate required report
· Take care of the hardware-software assets provided
· GIS Developer will be responsible for the maintenance and development of both desktop and web mapping applications in .NET framework using ArcGIS Server, .NET ADF, ArcGIS Server
· The Web MIS-GIS officer must have excellent supervisory skills and must be able to communicate with management and users topics relating to the operation of an MIS-GIS system
· Web-MIS-GIS Developer must have good attention to detail in order to maintain and enter data in a GIS database. They also need to have superb written and oral communication skills for creating and presenting data reports and training other people how to use GIS technology. They may also need to work on GIS programming.
· Work with ArcSDE databases/ArcGIS Server, and be able to streamline existing geospatial procedures.
· The Sr. GIS Web Developer is responsible for building ArcGIS Desktop tools, and installing and configuring ArcGIS Server
· Any other task assigned by supervisor.
|Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits|
|Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer science (Information & Technology ) Master degree is preferable.|
|Experience: Four (4) years of relevant experience.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
· Able to digitalize, Analyze and develop GIS and MIS data.
|Languages: Pashto/Dari & English|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Transportation allowance AFN (1500)/ month.
|Procedure for submission of applications:|
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to email@example.com or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan