DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Department:||Programme / Water Experities & Training Center (WET Center)|
|Duty station:||Kabul Main Office with Travel to field/ regional offices|
|Required number:||Two (2)|
|Contract:||Fixed Term till end of December 2018|
|PS-B1, USD (445) including Government Tax, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 600 staff of whom 5 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|The WET Centre Trainer is responsible for carrying out the training and consulting support activities as directed by the WET Centre Manager. The WETC Trainer reports and makes regular technical and training reports to the WET Centre Manager.|
|· Deliver water supply, sanitation and health promotion related training workshops to NGOs, Government and UN Agencies employees in Kabul and DACAAR Regional Offices according to the training plan prepared by the Manager.
· Plans and conducts half-day water awareness sessions for teachers and children in and out of school, for women’s groups, communities, or local government and NGOs.
· Identifies shortcomings in training materials and recommends changes in order to customize training programs to suit regional and cultural requirements.
· Ensures adherence to established WET Centre training standards and works towards competency validation for all workshops.
· Produces timely training reports as directed by the Manager.
· Contributes towards the development and monitoring of the training and consulting services budget.
· Supports baseline surveys as a component of Action Research, and as part of ongoing program monitoring activities.
· Supports action research on demonstration projects in order to evaluate and recommend best practices for design and implementation of projects.
· Contributes towards Business Development and provides networking and professional support to clients.
· Participates in and contributes to the annual strategy and planning session to review and determine WET Centre priorities and objectives
|Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
|Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering|
· 3 years experience in related technical, engineering, or water supply, sanitation and health promotion.
· Training experience preferred.
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
· Accomplished professional who can work well both independently and within a team.
· Proven ability to be a self starter.
· Able to balance and negotiate priorities in a multi-functional role with competing time demands.
· Creative thinker with a strategic, analytical approach to problem solving.
· Possesses excellent communication skills (written and oral).
· Strong abilities in English language.
· Possesses a natural aptitude for training.
· Proactive with an assertive, friendly, ‘can do’ attitude.
· Principled and ethical with a passion for empowerment and a desire to make a difference.
· Must be familiar with usage of Windows-based computer programs (WORD, EXCEL, and POWERPOINT), internet search and e-mail.
|Languages: Pashto/Dari & English|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Transportation allowance AFN (1500)/ month.
|Procedure for submission of applications:|
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, AfghanistanPostal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org