DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Survey & Design Engineer|
|Department:||Programme / Technical Unit|
|Duty station:||Kabul – Programme (with travel to the regions and provinces)|
|Required number:||One (1)|
|PS-B1, USD (495) including Government Tax, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 5 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|Survey and Design engineer shall be a qualified civil engineer, minimum bachelor degree in civil engineering from reputed University holding post-graduate qualification (Diploma/ degree) will be added advantage.
At least 5 years of experience in survey/ designing of water supply systems and other rural infrastructures such as (culvert, canal lining, water dividers, river bank protection, farmer gather center and etc.) Able to supervise the construction works at regions/ provinces and support the field team in case of any technical need at field. Good inter personal skills, hard workers especially in critical/ emergency situations and proven multi discipline team work skills.
|Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits|
|Education: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering/ Master degree in civil engineering is preferred.|
|Experience: 5 Years relevant experience in survey and design of water supply, irrigation and other infrastructure projects.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
· Experience in survey and design of different type of waters supply systems (solar, gravity and motorized), irrigation projects.
· Be able to use GPS, total station and other survey instruments for the water supply and irrigation project survey.
· Good knowledge in AutoCAD, Water CAD, water GEMS, EPANET and MS office.
· Good of system design on water GEMs and EPANET software.
· Experience in supervision of construction projects
· Experience in working with international NGOs as well as with the government in relevant field.
· Familiarity with the WASH policy and procedures and the required guidelines using for WASH/irrigation projects
· Good speaking and writing in English
· Fluent in Pashtu and Dari
· Good team work skills and able to work in emergency situation.
|Languages: Pashto/Dari & English (Written & Spoken)|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Transportation allowance AFN (1500)/ month.
|Procedure for submission of applications:|
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, AfghanistanPostal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com