DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Project Coordinator|
|Department:||Programme / Operations Sub Department|
|Duty station:||Kabul – Programme (with travel to the regions and provinces)|
|Required number:||One (1)|
|PS-A1, USD (859) including Government Tax, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 5 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|The Position holder will be part of the Middle Management Team in DACAAR, assisting Project Manager in managing of DACAAR’s WASH projects under Signed PCA with UNICEFon a day-to-day basis. The position holder reports to the Project Manager and works closely together with him, as well as with Head of Programme& Operations Manager.
The Position holder will assist the project manager in supervisionof field officers and their working across the provinceswhere DACAAR’s UNICEF Project operatesto ensure improved and equitable use of safe drinking water, sanitation, healthy environment and improved hygiene practices in provinces and vulnerable areas. he/she has the responsibility to ensure that the Project is managed and implemented according to DACAAR anddonor rule and regulation.
The Position holder is broadly engaged with Project Manager to assist him in day-to-day project management according to the project design. Furthermore, he/she plays a vital coordinating role in providing on-time oversight and support to the field offices
|· The Position holder will assist the Project Manager to fulfil the following
· Specific responsibilities:
· Under the guidance of the Project Manager, Project Coordinator will assist in planning, monitoring evaluation and communication with field staff to implement the project activities in order to achieve the project target.
· Review UNHCR, OCHA and WASH Cluster report and research documents and coordinate with Regional Managers to overall supervise the project activities and stay alert on emergency cases.
· Assist Project Manager to implement current UNICEF funded project and WASH Intervention Guidelines.
· Under the guidance of Project Manager, participate and involve in training delivery and relevant coaching to field staff in order to improve the project activities.
· In coordination with Project Manager, Operations Manager and/or Head of Programme, provide a punctual support to field offices, this including guidance and solution for bottleneck issues.
· In the situation of acute and/or big emergency under UNICEF project, the project coordinator should be ready to prepare her/his prompt support, this include availability to be deployed in short notice.
· Assist Project Manager in planning of the project implementation including technical activity, financial and procurement planning as well as preparation, implementation and coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities including logistical, HR and financial aspects.
· Provide active support in ensuring that the entire UNICEF project required are ready and reached to the stores of the field offices.
· Coordinate and assist the Project Manager in managing and monitoring of the UNICEF project implementation to ensure that activities are implemented on timely manner and according to DACAAR’s standard and donor’s requirements.
· Assist Project Manager to develop timely quality project reports according to donor (UNICEF) requirements and DACAAR’s guidelines.
· Close coordinating with Project Manager in all WASH projects activities under signed PCA with UNICEF carried out in all field locations ensuring that activities are in accordance to strategy and being implemented on schedule and according to the approved plans.
· Update all UNICEF’s WASH related regional level meeting minutes for the records and reference to prepare a new action plan.
· Assist Project Manager in making sure that the UNICEF project WASH related materials are procured with good quality in coordination with Technical Unit and Logistic Unit.
· Conduct regular supervision of the WASH related activities in the targeted areas where DACAAR’s Project is implemented.
· Coordinating with Project Manager to manage and monitorofthe UNICEF projectto ensure that our materials stocks are safe and sufficient, and report to the Project Manager on existing situation and request on time if needs to top up.Cooperate with the Regional Managers and other relevant partners and local authorities on therelevant issues.
· Assist Project Manager in preparing monthly reports of the project activities, including documentation for final handover and closure of the projects.
· Besides the above responsibilities, Project Coordinator have a responsibility to accomplish any other relevant tasks given by Project Manager, Operations Manager, and/or Head of Programme.
|. Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits|
|Education: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering/ Master degree in civil engineering is preferred|
|Experience: 5 Years relevant experience in Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) is required.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Ability in team working, Management skills and ability to properly planning, Organizing and implementing
|Languages: Pashto/Dari & English (Written & Spoken)|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Transportation allowance AFN (1500)/ month.
|Procedure for submission of applications:|
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Vacancy Number will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com