DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Project Coordinator (DTU)|
|Department:||Programme Department / WETC|
|Duty station:||Kabul Main Office, with regular travel to rural areas in Afghanistan|
|Required number:||One (1)|
|Gender:||Male / Female|
|Salary:||PS-A1, USD (859) including Government Tax, negotiable based on qualification and experience.|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|The Project Coordinator (PC) is the DACAAR focal point on the Water for Afghanistan (WfA) project implemented in partnership between DACAAR, Danish Technical University (DTU) and Kabul Polytechnic University (KPU). The PC is the administrative and coordinating link between key staff in DACAAR involved in implementing the Water for Afghanistan project, the different work packages as well as link to administrative staff at DTU and KPU. The PC is also responsible for closely following the implementation of the project and facilitates meetings, visits, knowledge sharing, training and learning on behalf of DACAAR departments (Programme, Finance, HR & Administration and Fundraising and Communications).|
|· Facilitate plan for a productive dialogue and knowledge sharing between DACAAR, DTU and KPU.
· Act as a focal person from DACAAR side for the whole project.
· Facilitate processes where elements/outputs from the research part of the project is introduced to DACAAR and included in implementation in the field.
· Coordinate training/capacity building modules for DACAAR staff related to this specific project.
· Prepare Plan including WfA action plans, meeting calendars and visits.
· Following DACAAR WfA activities in the field and regular monitoring of the planned activities in all DACAAR covered regions under all WfA relevant projects.
· Produce, share and keep track of yearly and monthly action plans for WfA, with detailed timelines, indicators and resource recommendations.
· Facilitate specific trainings and workshops to relevant staff to develop the capacity to understand and implement.
· Regularly visiting field activities and provide on the spot administrative support to WfA staff in the field.
· The PC should think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to coordinate WfA management and staff.
· The PC should regularly facilitate discussions about the project implementation and activities with DACAAR management and senior key staff.
· Report on monthly basis to DACAAR management about the project progress and challenges if any.
· Coordinate with other departments within DACAAR when needed and specifically with Technical / coordination UNIT Manager and WETC manager.
· Participating in meeting among all the work packages when needed.
· Working closely with DTU, KPU and DACAAR secretariat in Copenhagen.
· Arranging meetings between the DACAAR, DTU and KPU when needed.
· Follow up on the meetings and report to the steering committee of the project.
· Keep records of project status and share with DCAAR management, DTU and KPU.
· Work with various members of the project teams to develop a time line, create schedules, and oversee progress to make sure goals are met on time.
· Ensure all aspects of the project run smoothly and efficiently.
· Track budgets, dates, and other information.
· Organizing contracts, financial files, reports, and invoices, and performing administrative duties such as ordering office supplies, bookkeeping, and billing.
· Coordinating and attending meetings.
· The holder of this position must strictly follows the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
· Carry out any other relevant task given by the superior
|Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits|
|Education: Bachelor’s degree in Hydrogeology or Civil Engineering is required but, master degree is preferable|
|Experience: Minimum (7) years of relevant experience, and at least 3 years as a project coordinator or equivalent experience is required.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
• Strong organizing, planning and multi-tasking skills.
• Strong team-management and leadership skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication (in Dari, Pashto and English) and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships.
• Strong teamwork and client-facing skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
• Presentation and reporting writing skills.
• Strong competency in IT.
|Languages: Pashto, Dari, English language Fluency in oral and written|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Pick and drop Allowance AFN (1500)/ month
Procedure for submission of applications:
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com