DACAAR invites applications from the suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Manager – Women Empowerment|
|Department:||Programme / Technical and Coordination Unit|
|Duty station:||Kabul Main Office with (Regular trips to provinces and districts)|
|Required number:||One (1)|
|PS-S1, USD (1134) including Government Tax, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|· The WE Manager reports to the Technical and coordination unit Manager and works closely together with NRM, SSED, Operations, F&C and other departments in case of need. The WE manager has the overall responsibility for the WE related activities.
· Responsible for project planning, implementation, reporting and management under Women Empowerment theme for the delivery of quality projects.
· Support programme development process regarding Women Empowerment (WE) in line with DACAAR policy.
· Contribution to synergy, linkages and integration WE theme with other themes of DACAAR to ensure maximum impact.
· Contribute to strategy and policy development of DACAAR.
· Ensure networking with key stakeholders (NGOs, Institutions, Government, and civil society) at national and provincial level to ensure high impact of the programme.
· High level of team work, coordination among DACAAR team for effective delivery of the programme.
· Facilitate and build capacity of WE staff based in main office and regional/field offices.
|Specific Tasks and Responsibilities|
· In collaboration with the relevant Department ensure that proper working conditions are secured for the female staff at the field level.
· Support and train project staffs (especially for female) during the project implementation.
· To ensure close linkages between WE, NRM, SSED and WASH thematic areas with collaboration of Advisers and Specialists.
· Review monthly progress report, cross check it with the YPO, LFA and budget and give feedback to the relevant region on time.
· Any other responsibilities assigned by immediate supervisor.
Staff Management Responsibility
· In close coordination with relevant Regional Manager provide ongoing supervision, technical support and guidance to all WE projects staff & develop training and capacity building plans.
· Support the HR and Admin Department to ensure enabling the women-friendly environment within DACAAR.
· Support Fund Raising & Communication and finance departs when needs her support
|Education: Bachelor degree in social science, Sociology or equivalent Master degree in relevant field is preferable.|
|Experience: Five (5) years of experience in program/project design and implementation in women development field, at least 2 years of management experience is also required.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
· Women & gender studies or other related field
· Specialist knowledge of gender equality, the rights of women and girls and engaging men and boys in gender equality in theory and in practice in a development and humanitarian context.
· Extensive experience of working with women empowerment and gender mainstreaming in development programming including programme development, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
· Ability to build effective relationship with people from different age and diverse backgrounds,
· Experience in financial management and budgeting
· Strong experience of team building and ability to provide support while being able to independently take decisions
· Excellent inter-personal and problem-solving skills and diplomacy
· Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing English, Dari/Pashto
· Experience in staff capacity building
· Self-motivated and self-organising
· Computer literate
|Languages: Oral and written fluency in(English, Dari, Pashto)|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Transportation Allowance AFN (1500/month)
|Procedure for submission of applications:|
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to email@example.com or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Vacancy Number will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org