DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Graphics & Web Designer (Officer)|
|Department:||Fundraising & Communication Department|
|Duty station:||Kabul Main Office with travel to DACAAR field Offices|
|Required number:||One (1)|
|Gender:||Male / Female|
|Contract:||Fixed term till end of June 2021 (Extendable)|
|PS-B1, USD (495) including Government Tax, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|The Graphics & Web Designer (Officer) will prepare layouts for DACAAR’s visibility products including, newsletters, videos, success stories, annual reports, pamphlets, leaflets, etc. The incumbent will assist in taking and editing project photos and videos. He/She will be responsible for designing, updating and maintaining DACAAR’s English website. He/She will work closely with Grants and Communications Adviser and Communication’s Assistant to ensure DACAAR’s full compliance with donor visibility requirements and guidelines.|
|· Take part in quarterly and annual work planning of the unit in close coordination with the Head of Fundraising and Communications and the Grants and Communications Adviser.
· Upgrade and maintain DACAAR website and ensure that it is updated on a regular basis with current information about the organisation. Website to be upgraded once per year to improve functionality and visibility.
· Assist in branding of DACAAR’s external communications material and publications.
· Development of knowledge products, i.e. infographics, video clips, etc. to demonstrate how to set up DACAAR’s products (bio-sand filters, emergency bath/latrine kits, orchards, etc.).
· Undertake graphic designing in support of all publications intended for printing and sharing outside the organisation.
· Design flyers, posters, banners, etc for specific events and conferences with the aim of promoting DACAAR externally.
· Work closely with the Grants and Communications Adviser and Communications Assistant to provide photography and videography services in support of the organisation’s work and compile, edit, print photos and videos as assigned.
· Undertake administrative works in support of the Communications Unit.
· Work closely with the Grants and Communications Adviser and Communications Assistant to ensure compliance to donor visibility requirements and guidelines.
· The holder of this position must strictly follow the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
· Any other tasks given by the supervisor
|Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits|
|Education: University degree in Computer Science / Mass Communication or higher is required.|
|Experience: At least 3 years of job related working experience in Graphic Designing/ Info graphic and Web Development.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
· Good experience in Graphic Designing, web designing, and web development, good experience in computer use (office package)
|Languages: Oral and written fluency in(English, Dari, Pashto)|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Pick and drop Allowance AFN (1500)/ month
|Procedure for submission of applications:|
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Vacancy Number will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com