DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Grants & Communication Adviser
Vacancy Number: EX-01/2020
Department: Fundraising & Communication Department
Duty station: Kabul main office
Required number: One (1)
Gender: Male / Female
Contract: Fixed term – One Year (Extendable)
Salary: According to DACAAR Expatriate salary scale
Opening Date: 22/06/2020
Closing Date: 14/07/2020
Working Hours Sunday – Thursday from 7:30 am – 04:00 pm (summer timing), 08:00 am – 04:00 pm (winter timing)
DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
The Grants & Communications Adviser is a key position within the Fundraising & Communications Department. In close collaboration with the Head of Fundraising and Communications, the incumbent will support DACAAR in the development of funding proposals, reports to donors, compliance with contractual obligations, donor communication as well as external communication activities in English. S/he will build the capacity of department staff in report writing and contractual compliance through engaging them in continuous on-the-job mentoring and coaching as well as providing real time technical advice, support and assistance
• Take part in the quarterly and annual planning for the Grants and Monitoring Sub-Department in close coordination Head of Fundraising and Communications, and other staff of the department.
• Support the Head of Fundraising and Communications in leading and facilitating and coordinating the process of developing project proposals based on DACAAR’s competencies and in line with DACAAR’s programme framework.
• Support the development and continuous improvement of standard components and off-the-shelf information sets and tools as building blocks for project proposal development.
• Work closely with the M&E team and support them in ensuring that lessons learnt and knowledge accumulated through M&E of current projects are channeled and integrated into the design of future projects as well as reports for going projects.
• Support the Head of Fundraising & Communications in ensuring compliance with contractual obligations related to funded projects by donors both in terms of quality of implementation and quality and timeliness of reports.
• Support the development of project reports in accordance with the required quality and deadlines.
• Support the capacity building of staff in the Fundraising and Communications Department, in English language skills, report writing and donor contractual compliance. Help staff develop analytical skills and critical thinking particularly when working with M&E data and report writing.
• Work closely with and support the communications officer and assistant in keeping the DACAAR website up to date with key information including photos, videos, news, press releases, success stories from the field, publications, etc.
• Support the M&E, reporting and communications staff in regularly collecting success stories, case studies, human interest stories, photos and video. Edit and improve these to be used for donor reports, conferences, external annual report, websites and other publications.
• Undertake the development and oversee the designing and publishing of the DACAAR External Annual Report
• In addition to the above specific tasks and responsibilities, the Grants & Communications Adviser will undertake any other relevant tasks assigned by the Head of Fundraising & Communications.
Education & Qualification Requirement:
Education: Master Degree or Bachelor degree in the relevant subject field.
Experience: At least 3 Three years of relevant experience is required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
• Good knowledge of humanitarian, emergency and development organizations.
• Knowledge and experience of bilateral and multilateral donor such as ECHO, UN agencies, USAID, DANIDA etc.
• Able to take lead in programme development and reporting.
• A strong team player with good coordination skills
• Proficiency in the English language both written and spoken.
Languages: Fluent Oral and Written English is required.
In addition to the monthly salary, the following package is also provided:
• A return air ticket between employee home address and Kabul at the beginning and end of the assignment.
• R&R: 5 paid working days of leave upon completing Eight weeks of continuous stay (excluding weekend and public holidays) inside Afghanistan.
• Covering the expenses occurred (travel and accommodation) during R&R maximum up to USD 1000/- (One Thousand US dollars only).
• Annual Leave: 25 paid working days per year (2.08 days per month).
• Public holidays: 10 days per year.
• Travel, Health and life insurance coverage for the duration of your employment.
• Accommodation: shared accommodation, reasonably furnished, all utility costs covered, civilian guards coverage 24/7, no housekeeping services provided.
• Excess baggage allowance: cost of maximum 20 kgs upon arrival and departure (provided based on receipts).
• Free lunch during weekdays.
• Pick up and drop service to and from work.
• Accommodation while traveling to the field.
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com