DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Field Engineer|
|Department:||Programme / Operation Sub Department|
|Duty station:||East – RO / Laghman – Mehtarlam FO with travel to other districts|
|Required number:||Three (3)|
|Gender:||Male / Female|
|Contract:||Project Based till end of June 2021 (Extendable)|
|Salary:||According to DACAAR – CCAP/EZ-KAR Project Salary scale Grade PB-DL Step 1, including food allowance & Government Tax|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|DACAAR is a member of a consortium for Ez-Kar project (EshteghalZaiee / Karmondena) working closely with ACTED organization, the project funded by the (Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund/ARTF and International Development Association/IDA) through IDLG to support displaced populations include both refugee and returnee in recent years. Under the direct supervision of City manager and close coordination with ACTED chief Engineer, The Field Engineer for MCCG Subprojects is responsible for field operational activities in CDCs level, households level, preparing technical documents, review technical design and implementation on the field, quantity checking, verifying the fact of measures according to the line manager guidance and project proposal at the field level of the EZ-KAR program implemented by DACAAR. He/she is needed to show positive impact of the program on the field level and for each household level.
He/she is fully responsible for the project planned activities in terms of quality, respect to the targets, bill of quantities, and the deadline, ensuring proper and on time close coordination between field office, Regional office and Program Operation of DACAAR, as well as the relevant consortium colleagues in the regional level, In addition he is responsible for the program related reporting, capacity building of the concerned staff in the field level, conducting awareness sessions and field staff planning with close assistance of the City Manager and Chief Engineer of ACTED.
|General Tasks and Responsibilities:
The position holder will have dual responsibilities, i.e., of MCCG (Maintenance construction Cash Grant) Subprojects of Ez-Kar Project in the CDCs’ level.
Act as focal point for MCCG (Maintenance construction Cash Grant) Subprojects of Ez-Kar Project
Act as focal point for Govt. Representation for MCCG (Maintenance construction Cash Grant) Subprojects.
Build very close coordination with PMU, Municipality, ACTED, DOEC, CDCs’ and other relevant stakeholders for smooth sub-projects implementation in the field level.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct guidance of City Manager, the Field Engineer for MCCG Subprojects will fulfil the following specific responsibilities:
· Represent DACAAR and improve visibility in the field level and EZ-KAR groups.
· Undertake comprehensive responsibilities of MCCG Subprojects under Ez-Kar project.
· Orient the targeted community for the MCCG subprojects with close coordination community elders, general meeting conducting with the help of project social organizers’ and try to make an agreement with targeted community regarding implementation of the project.
· Check the drawings and make sure they are all relevant to the site conditions and community demands, discuss it with PMU, Municipality and CDCs to make sure it is agreed upon and without any problem, and put ACTED’s Chief Enigneer and Package Manager in the picture for all work progress in the field level as they working jointly as a consortium lead partner with DACAAR.
· Mainly focus and manage projects technical issues related to EZ-KAR (MCCG) projects, household implementation, monitoring and evaluation of sub-projects and conducting technical trainings to EZ-KAR group/CDCs members/household members/ in terms of their projects’.
· Supervise multi-CDCs under the project to ensure the work done on efficient and quality of the work is fully considered. Also, in the working areas/community participation is part of project requirement for each singal activity and sustainability of the project is considered.
· Build capacity of concerned communities in terms of accountability for the MCCG sub- projects and confirm all the proposed activities are according to the program design and feasibility.
· To ensure that sustainable systems are set in place for longer term operation and maintenance of all EZ-KAR projects, including the provision of all necessary trainings.
· Manage technical surveys’, writing of technical proposals and estimation for the proposed activities’.
· Conduct Need assessment, survey, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of the construction works in related to community projects based on the CDCs, GAs’ and BGAs’ real demand and project feasibility in the areas.
· Trains the skill/Unskilled workers and CDC members on quality, workmanship controls and the volume of work with number of workers.
· Identify with the communities, GAs’ and BGAs’ the small-scale infrastructure projects, locations, ensure of the safety, stabilities, and DRR measures and appropriate of the related infrastructures project and they are within the allocated budget.
· Coordinate closely with local authorities, CDC’s leaders, committees and other stakeholders for smooth running of the infrastructure projects.
· Follow up of on the cash payment process to the labors and instalments according to the construction actual work progress in coordination with CDC/GA/BGA and committees/communities.
· Ensure that all project activities are in accordance with budgetary constraints and being implemented on schedule within the particular area/province.
· Preparing proper weekly and monthly work plan and progress reports for consistent implementation of the MCCG sub projects and make sure that the progress of construction works go forward according to the project operation plan and if there is any change or problem its must be coordinated with ACTED, PMU, Municipality and DOEC with close coordination of targeted CDCs’ and DACAAR both regional and MO, to avoid further confusions in the project level.
· Responsible to record all facts transaction such as starting date, work suspension or any technical changes brings in construction details.
· Make sure to plan for early procurement of needed materials for the related MCCG subprojects and supplied to the field on time in close consultation of CDCs’, City project manager and provincial admin/finance team.
· Make sure that the expenditures of each MCCG subproject are recorded separately to find out the actual cost of the project.
· Field Engineer is responsible to consider about the project and staff security and safety during the implementation of the project.
· The holder of this position must strictly follow the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety team.
· Carry out any other relevant task given by the superior.
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
|Education: Bachelor in civil engineering, master degree in relevant field is preferable.|
|Experience: At least Five (5) years of experience in relevant field is required.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Solid skills in assessments, cost surveying, and budget estimation for construction;
Specialized training or certificate in the construction of structures.
Excellent design and drafting skills and proficiency with engineering software’s (i.e. Auto Cad, SAP2000, 12D, Civil 3D and GIS software)
Efficiency in calculation and estimation of engineering designs and surveys; and,
Ability to work under pressure and work extra hours when required.
|Languages: The applicants should be able to speak both Pashto and Dari fluency & English is required.|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 36 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
Procedure for submission of applications:
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to email@example.com or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, AfghanistanPostal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org