|Emergency WASH Project Coordination: (60%)
- Provide programmatic and strategic advice to the Deputy Director / Head of Programme, Operations Staff, and Regional Managers on matters relating to emergency WASH, WASH Cluster, and coordination mechanism with all stakeholders as well as other ERM partners.
- Provide strong support to the assigned emergency WASH project staff to ensure both short/long-term positive impacts and outcomes for the beneficiaries, local authorities (where applicable), and local WASH staff.
- Work closely with the Emergency WASH Manager to manage the assigned emergency WASH project(s) to meet the project objectives within budget and allocated time frame.
- Develop and implement appropriate and effective emergency WASH guidelines, setting clear objectives and indicators, for emergency WASH activities in consultation with other Program staff and Regional Managers where appropriate, with the monitoring and evaluation team.
- Continuously monitor and supervise emergency WASH activities, overseeing the technical design, execution, and post-distribution monitoring through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in all aspects of the emergency project.
- Ensure and contribute for accurate and timely reporting of activities according to DACAAR, donors, and other applicable timeframes and formats.
- Support and contribute to developing new proposals, linked to the country strategy, in conjunction with the relevant Regional Managers and other relevant staff in Kabul.
- Ensure need assessments are carried out properly, reports prepared and approval got from the donor when needed.
|Capacity Building: (20%)
- Provide staff coaching and technical supervision to develop ownership/responsibility for WASH Emergency activities as well as DACAAR other developmental activities.
- Facilitate regular Emergency Response Unit meetings to ensure awareness of project objectives, working procedures, and opportunities for feedback.
- Support to link DACAAR Emergency Response Unit to other like-minded organizations to share experiences and get exposure.
- Support the Emergency WASH Manager in developing and adapting training materials. Identify new training topics and develop training packages regarding emergency WASH issues.
- Support Emergency WASH Manager to manage the WASH budget for the assigned project(s) and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet DACAAR standards concerning financial management, including accountability and good governance.
- Conduct or facilitate all relevant pieces of training for DACAAR staff as well as other stakeholders to ERM/WASH.
|Communication and Coordination: (10%)
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent, and supportive communication structures with the assigned Emergency WASH team, the Deputy Director / Head of Programme, Operations Manager, Technical Unit Manager, Regional Managers and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. national government officials, UN agencies and other INGOs), to ensure good cooperation and partnerships.
- Coordinate and contribute with Fund Raising and Communication Department on Proposal writing and report writing to donors.
- Participation in WASH cluster meetings, donor meetings, and other emergency WASH relevant meetings for better improvement in coordination with clusters and partners.
|Logistics and Quality Management: (10%)
- Support the Emergency WASH Manager to liaise, as necessary, with the WASH, logistics, and finance staff to ensure all the required materials is procured, transported, stored, managed, and accounted for accuracy.
- Support the Emergency WASH Manager to ensure Emergency WASH projects are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and per DACAAR mandate, donor, country, and international standards i.e. Sphere.
In addition to the above specific tasks and responsibilities, the Emergency WASH Advisor will undertake any other relevant thematic tasks assigned by the Deputy Director / Head of Programme.