DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Department:||HR&A Department/ Support Unit|
|Duty station:||Kabul Main Office|
|Required number:||One (1)|
|Gender:||Male / Female|
|Salary:||PS-D1, USD (279) including Government Tax,|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|Cook is the member of Support Team and holds a subordinate position to Support Officer.
He/she has to ensure that daily meals are provided; all procurement for the kitchen takes place in accordance with guidelines as to quality and price.
|· In general, to perform all duties in strict accordance with the guidelines.
· Substitute for other cooks when required.
· Provide the routine daily meals as agreed.
· Provide tea/coffee etc for workshops, meetings etc.
· Ensure that all procurement for the kitchen complies with the guidelines for quality and prices.
· Ensure that meals vary according to the seasonal fruit and vegetables.
· Ensure that the kitchen is at all times kept in an absolute clean and hygienic standard.
· Ensure that all preparation of food takes place in the most hygienic way.
· Keep the dining hall in the main office clean at all times.
· Ensure that all equipment for the kitchen is at any time fully functioning and that sufficient stocks of gas and fuel are available.
· Regular use of the Uniform and wear the hat and glows special while serving the foods.
· The holder of this position must strictly follows the organization existing security policies, procedures and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
· Any other tasks as required and decided by the Support Officer.
|Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits|
|Education: High School Certificate is required.|
|Experience: At least 5 years of Cooking experience is required and NGO work experience will be preferred.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Having some skill in procurement.
|Languages: English, Dari, Pashto|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Pick and drop Allowance AFN (1500)/ month
Procedure for submission of applications:
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com