DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment
DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Assistant Engineer|
|Department:||Programme / Operation Sub Department|
|Duty station:||Central – Regional Office / Kabul Province – Dehsubz Field Office|
|Required number:||One (1)|
|Gender:||Male / Female|
|Contract:||Project Based till end of December 2020 (Extendable)|
|Salary:||PB-C1, USD (602) including food allowance & Government Tax|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|The Assistant Engineer is responsible to assist Field Officer in Rural Water Supply program on site supervision and monitoring of the construction work of all water system constructed under the Rural Water Supply program. And will work closely with all the stakeholders in the respective areas.|
|· Assist Field Officer on site supervision and monitoring of the pipe scheme water systems
· Assist site engineer on monitoring of tube well fitted with hand pumps.
· Supervise the activities of pipe scheme and tube well properly and assist staff technically.
· Assist the officer through monitoring/ supervision from gravity fed system, solar powered water networks and other water system constructed under the WASH projects.
· Check the quality of materials with the standards.
· Will monitor the project regularly and provide required support to project staff.
· Record the travel and maintain records.
· Assist Field Officer on material specification used in the construction
· Assist Field officer on checking of materials with BoQs and about its procurement process.
· Assist Field Officer in proper implementation of the work plan of the project.
· Assist the field officer on collection of required information for reporting of the project.
· Assist the field officer in each joint field visit with other stakeholders.
· Any other task given by the superior
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
|Education: Bachelor degree in civil engineering.|
|Experience: At least two years of experience with governmental related projects/NGOs|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
|Languages: Pashto/ Dari English is required.|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 36 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
Procedure for submission of applications:
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com