DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Assistant Engineer (BHA)|
|Department:||Programme / Operation Sub Department|
|Duty station:||One for Center Regional Office Paktia / Gardez – Center Field Office with travel to the district within the province.
One for Center Regional Office/ Ghazni – Center Field Office with travel to the district within the province.
|Required number:||Two (2)|
|Gender:||Male / Female|
|Contract:||Project Based till end of December 2021 (Extendable)|
|Salary:||PB-C1, USD (602) including food allowance & Government Tax|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|The Assistant Engineer is responsible to assist the Field Officer in the implementation of the project and ensure that the DACAAR WASH strategy and procedure of implementation or applied.|
|· Assist the Field Officer in conducting village Health Centers assessment survey and selecting proper locations for water point, toilet and, hand washing facility. Check quality of sand and gravel on site.
· Check the quality of sand and gravel, and other raw material on site.
· Follow up the curing of concrete work and concrete elements.
· Supervising the project vehicles usage record as well running hours of generators and drilling rigs.
· Distribute raw materials, concrete elements, and other needed tools to the site.
· Keep a daily record of project progress.
· Assign vehicles, equipment, and skilled laborers for daily project activities.
· Assist the Field Officer in mobilizing communities to contribute to the project.
· Assist the Field Officer in training new mechanic/ pipe scheme operator locally assigned by the community, if there are not already trained mechanics, collecting mechanic wages during the installation of the hand pump/stand post or HH connection.
· Ensure the supply of proper sand, gravel, and stone in the well/ stand post site, which is the community’s responsibility.
· The holder of this position must strictly follow the organization’s existing security policies, procedures, and daily instructions of the safety personnel.
· Any other task is given by the superior
|Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits|
|Education: University degree, BSc in civil Engineering is required.|
|Experience: Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience in WASH Public Health related projects is required.|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
Strong Communication Skill, proper planning skill and Community mobilization skills
|Languages: Pashto/ Dari and English.|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 36 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
Procedure for submission of applications:
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
|DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.|
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com