DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.
DACAAR invites applications from suitable candidates for the following position:
|Job Title:||Assistant Engineer|
|Department:||Programme / Operation Sub Department|
|Duty station:||Central – Regional Office / Kabul Province|
|Required number:||One (1)|
|Gender:||Male / Female|
|Contract:||Project Based till end of December 2020 (Extendable)|
|Salary:||PB-C1, USD (602) including food allowance & Government Tax|
|DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.|
|The Assistant Engineer is responsible to assist Field Engineer in Rural Water Supply program on site supervision and monitoring of the construction work of all water system, WASH in institution constructed under the Rural Water Supply program. And will work closely with the stakeholders in the respected areas and projects.|
|· Assist Site Engineer on site supervision and monitoring of the water supply systems and WASH in institutions.
· Assist site engineer on monitoring of tube well fitted with hand pumps.
· Supervise the activities of CDCs properly and assist them technically.
· Assist the site engineer through monitoring/ supervision from gravity fed system, solar powered water networks and other water system constructed under the Rural Water supply program.
· Check the quality of materials with the standards.
· Assist site engineer in establishing the WMC and training to the CDCs, Mechanic and committee members.
· Support the field engineer in collecting data for the reports (lessons learns, challenges and photos).
· Will prepare reports when he visited any project.
· Will monitor the project regularly and provide required support to CDCs.
· Record Kilometer of vehicles and maintained record.
· Assist engineer on material specification used in the construction
· Assist engineer on checking quality of construction materials, the projects materials will be checked with the BoQs and with the given specification.
· Participate in coordination and write minutes of the meeting.
· Assist engineer in proper implementation of the work plan of the project.
· Assist the engineer on collection of required data from the CDCs, PRRDs.
· Assist engineer in each joint field visit with PRRDs.
· Will follow all the relevant works while the field engineer is on leave.
· Any other task given by the superior and line manager.
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
|Education: Bachelor degree in civil engineering.|
|Experience: At least two years of experience with governmental related projects/NGOs|
|Other qualifications’ an advantage:
|Languages: Pashto/ Dari English is required.|
|· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 36 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
Procedure for submission of applications:
|Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to email@example.com or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.|
|· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· Applications submitted as .RAR file or the size exceeds 2MB, will not be accepted by the system
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
|Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org